A professional network that goes by the name LinkedIn, serves the need of being AVAILABLE to the recruiter, once found. Its time that one should understand its importance and time to dust off the cobwebs on LinkedIn profile and set things straight. Here are a few things that a job seeker should do to get his / her LinkedIn professional profile back on track and benefit from it. So, let’s get started on getting to fix back your LinkedIn profile.
1. Contact Info Details: Recruiters would check the box on the top left corner of your
LinkedIn profile, containing your pic with current profile and organization name.
- Update your Profile Picture by replacing the same with a picture of yourself that reveals your professional self.
- An e-mail that you often check should be published.
- Don’t add your WORK PHONE NO. or HOME PHONE NO.
- Don’t share your Residential address.
- Be very careful while making your personal contact information public!
2. Additional Info: Just like providing the info in one’s own resume, one can add previous work, videos or presentations to the LinkedIn profile that demonstrate the work capacity. Stop lying and adding irrelevant and hyped experiences.
3. Hand pick the right skills: Your connections can now endorse these skills, thereby making you trustworthy and previous employers can also reference them in recommendations,
4. A complete and up-to-date LinkedIn profile is a great way to get noticed by recruiters and your broader network for the right opportunities for you.
5. LinkedIn groups are the easiest and probably the best way to build your connections on the network. You can share your content in those groups and comment on others’ content.
6. Don’t use buzz words over and over again like Motivated, Creative, Enthusiastic, Track record, Passionate, Successful, Driven, Leadership, Strategic and Extensive experience.
7. BRIEF SUMMARY: It’s one of the most important areas of your entire profile: It sums up your professional history, qualifications, and personality.